Never thought about it that way. Thanks for your thoughts.
Yeah, other people have mentioned the “taboo appeal” of it, too. While I get that that’s a thing, I personally just don’t get turned on by that aspect.
There is definitely a taboo appeal. It’s also why some people like to call their partner “dadddyyyyyyy” and use baby talk when referring to their sexual experiences.
About the “daddy” thing: I tried searching it and the results I got suggest that it’s not really about incest, but more about authority and caring.
Any healthy relationship between two people is based on feelings of trust, the deeper the better (innuendo no intended).
The concept of a family member, and sharing a level of trust you can’t get anywhere else is part of what appeals to me in incest porn and ships. Maybe also there is a slight taboo appeal to it as well? Not sure about that, as I can only speak for myself.
It’s one of those things that only applies to fiction of course.
I feel like I should have more to say on the subject but my mind is addled by lack of sleep and I’m not thinking to clearly at the moment.
I’m looking for personal views, so you don’t have to speculate about others. :D
Some will say that people should be allowed to have sex/a relationship with each other as long as its between consenting adults, regardless of familial relation. I agree.
But that’s not the issue here. I’m wondering why you enjoy seeing it. (To use an analogy, lots of straight people are fine with gay sex, but they’re not turned on by it.)
I tried to get some answers in my survey, but barely anyone responded.
Right now, I’m thinking that a common reason will be something like: It’s just two people; I don’t care if they’re family. Is that right? Or is there something else?
So this drawing (NSFW: clop) showed up on my dashboard for Mother’s Day, and it got me thinking about incest depictions again.
There was a discussion about incest on my blog a while back, but that was mostly about my views. What about yours?
OH MY GOD. YOU ALL NEED TO WATCH THIS.
I DIDN’T EVEN SUSPECT THAT OR SEE THAT COMING OH MY FUCKING GOD
You need to see it.
DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.
WELL PLAYED SIR
Given how much crap I give incest on my blog, I think we should get something a little different.
I’ll try to summarize each of my posts on this issue in one or two sentences as a reference. These summaries are necessarily simplified, so I encourage those who are interested to read through the full posts (especially if they disagree). (Please reblog the actual posts if you have something in response to them.)
- I hate consensual incest because my first encounter with it wasn’t the best, and I think family relationships should be asexual (to avoid inbreeding).
- “Better Days” just had my head spinning throughout, so I guess incest came as an additional shock. Also, I tend to avoid Jay Naylor’s work because he often gets political.
- If two people with a familial relationship want to be together, fine. But I’m avoiding it for the reasons I’ve given.
- Celestia and Luna have no family history. A choice quotation from a clopfic may help illustrate that.
- No, I’m using fan material to demonstrate a lack of canonical information.
- No, it’s fine, I’m not taking any offense.
- Which scene is “kinda sweet”?